Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dream A Little Bigger

Looking back on my childhood, I realize I was a bit of a dreamer. I always had imaginary friends, and my mom was always so supportive in inviting them to dinner. I used to love to talk with them, and tell them about how someday I was going to do big things, I was going to change the world. 

Unfortunately telling my imaginary friends as a child did me no good in accomplishing my real dreams. Alas, they were only in my mind, and could not help me along the way. However, I have come to know that there is one that can help me fulfill my dreams, He is waiting to help me change myself so that I can change the world. I too cannot see Him, but unlike my imaginary friends, He is always there.  

In a world of ever changing values, it is hard to count on anything in particular. Everyone seems to adapt this attitude of, "looking out for #1" and being 'self-reliant', which is really quite foolish. For anyone who feels like they must do it alone, and keep to themselves, I invite you to re-evaluate where you stand. There is a better way. And the way is trust, and FAITH in your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

We have a loving Heavenly Father. He is there, and he does love you. He invites all to come unto Him and learn what happiness means. When people "grow up" they also seem to grow away. Grow away from the happiness and the Hope they once had as a child. It's amazing to me how quickly we turn from 'childish' things that really aren't childish at all. At what point did believing there is good in the world become childish? I promise there is hope, there is a way to true happiness, and it comes through Faith in Jesus Christ. 

If you're stuggling with hope, purpose or desire; if you feel alone or tired, or just plain done 'with it' please take the words of a prophet to heart "My dear Sisters [and brethren] your Heavenly Father loves you more then you can comprehend, and that love NEVER changes." (Thomas S. Monson)

I invite you to learn more, or if you know anyone with needs this message, learn of it, share it, and come to know the truth of it for yourself. God is not imaginary, he is not aloof, and he doesn't just sit up there and not care. He knows you, he loves you, and he wants you to be happy, he wants to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, but like Elder Holland says, "he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe" . Please, come to know of this love for yourself, I promise your tomorrows can be bright and your dreams CAN come true.

mormon.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment